Technician - MechanicalSappi
6 days ago0 Applicants
- Draws up technical specifications/procedures, Capital and Renewal applications and enquiry documents
- Adjudicates quotations and is also part of the selection of the successful contractor.
- Manage Capital and Renewal projects.
- Updates plant mechanical drawings in consultation with the plant Foremen.
- Carry out technical investigations / feasibility studies and investigates maintenance problems, producing reports containing detailed recommendations and changes to maintenance plans
- Provide specialist maintenance skills (SME) to section (In terms of specific plant and equipment where basic mechanical skills and particularly knowledge is lacking.)
- Fault finding on plant and equipment not performing to OEM specifications.
- Fault finding related to plant and equipment causing production stoppages or reduced throughput capacity
- Work without supervision but keeps Engineer fully informed when necessary.
- Assists with plant breakdowns where necessary and provide support to plant Foremen, and manage sections pending situations, also carries out standby duties.
- Responsible for the coordination of all statutory inspections (e.g. structural inspections, pressure vessel inspections, pressurised system inspections, etc.)
- Observes company safety policies and procedures in accordance with OHS Act and IRCA.
- Utilise all Sappi systems in the execution of the maintenance strategy and realisation of the objectives.
- Assist Maintenance Engineer with the preparation of maintenance budget.
- Execute work on shuts and supervision of work being done during shuts.
- Investigate the root cause of frequent failures and /or high cost maintenance equipment where after solutions are derived and implemented.
- Identify and execute cost saving projects.
- Do plant over inspections and perform lockout audits monthly.
- Assist to develop maintenance schedules on new installed equipment.
- Develop Best Practises/QCPs for the maintenance activities.
- Do Mill Wide Mechanical Technician standby duties as and when required.
What are we looking for?
- NQF6: N. Diploma / NH Dip. Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 Years practical experience.
- Pulp and Paper Industry experience advantageous.
About the company
Sappi is a global renewable resource company that uses every part of the tree to make every day more sustainable. Our high-quality packaging, specialty,