Strategy Impact AssociateProdigy Finance
4 days ago0 Applicants
- This role is perfect for an experienced strategy associate with an impact focus who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast-growing company.
- The sense of purpose and reward will be huge. You will help build a product that makes a real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; make it possible for students from more than 150 countries to obtain the finance to fulfill their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools.
- We are a small non-hierarchical team; this means that you will get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and hugely influence scaling the company.
- Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with the broader business regularly.
- Note: This is a fixed-term contract role for between 4 to 6 months. We are open to either a full-time or part-time consultant joining us in this exciting role.
What you will do in the role:
- Reporting to the Head of Strategy and working closely with C-level executives, you will own and execute key cross-functional projects on impact and strategy.
- Develop key impact metrics and drive their operationalization leading cross-company data collection and insight
- Run the quantitative and qualitative analysis to build complex business cases that support strategic impact recommendations. Turn high-level strategic thinking into actionable analysis projects which inform and direct operational decision-making;
- Be in charge of planning, implementation, and monitoring of impact and strategy cross-functional projects.
- Ensure proper and timely consideration of market and industry trends to support planning activities.
- Prepare materials for board meetings, investor presentations, and partner pitches.
- Interact with all stakeholders of the company (Operations, Sales and Marketing, Risk, Product, People, Data, Technology)
What you will be measured on
- Clarity of analytical thinking and clear, insightful presentation
- Delivery of detailed, accurate reporting and actionable insights that drive impact goals
- Ability to handle uncertainty and gaps in data, making sensible assumptions as needed
- Ability to work effectively with other teams and individuals throughout the organization and manage multiple tasks and workstreams
What you need to be great at:
- Outstanding quick analytical thinking capability; advanced analysis and visualization skills (able to build useful analysis tools and dashboards from scratch); both quantitative and qualitative; able to learn new concepts and business issues quickly
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and project manage; can correctly prioritize multiple issues and opportunities and process large amounts of data from disparate sources
- Ability to work autonomously without micro-management and clear direction in a rapidly changing and often ambiguous environment; possess the self-motivation and inner drive to set and deliver against tight deadlines. Breaks down tasks and problems into manageable components independently and can design and execute individual work plans to deliver on the overall team objectives
- Problem-solving aptitude; Able to research to define problems and prepare responses to anticipated questions and queries. Able to make logical conclusions, anticipate obstacles, and consider different approaches during the decision-making process
- Excellent slide production skills required for high-standard consulting documents (PowerPoint and/or Google Slides)
- Be highly presentable with good communication and interpersonal skills across several stakeholder groups.
- Startup DNA; Resilient, resourceful, gets things done, 80/20, carpe diem, adaptable to change, huge capacity for hard work in a relentlessly fast-paced environment
Who we are looking for; track record must haves:
- 4+ years experience as an Analyst/Consultant in a leading consulting house, ideally with an industry focus on financial services
- Experience in implementation of impact frameworks (B corp or other)
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a quantitative subject. Masters/ MBA advantageous
- Demonstrable track record of designing and leading strategic impact projects to end to th limited input and management, including presenting recommendations. Show us that you have what it takes to hit the ground running in this role.
Experience that would be nice to have:
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools, SQL, R, or Python
- Startup experience. Sometimes the earth moves beneath your feet at Prodigy Finance, so you've got to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to wear lots of hats, and adapt easily as we continue to grow. We will hire a consultant straight out of a strategy house, especially if you can demonstrate a passion for startups alongside your professional experience.
About the company
We provide collateral-free education loans for international master's students, to pursue their dream degrees at the world’s best schools.