- The Site Transportation Manager manages the execution of the transportation activities (inbound, outbound) for the Site and supports the transformation of the Alstom transportation organization in line with the Global Supply Chain strategy.
- Take care of the planning and execution of transportation & logistics flows including Customs activities to fulfill Sites Supply Chain requirements.
- Lead the governance established between the site and the transportation service providers in line with the transportation strategy.
- Maintain and sustain the Transportation performance scorecard both in terms of quality of the services and costs.
- Liaise with the Global Transportation team and its pillars (Overseas-TCTs, Regional-TCTs, and Project Out-of-Gauge) to deploy the transportation strategy.
- Facilitate communication towards internal and external stakeholders.
- Supports strategic programs, projects, and network studies for the Transportation organization to achieve AT operational objectives.
- Drive consistency in process, systems & data
- Team management
AT THE SITE LEVEL YOU :
- Contribute actively to the definition and implementation of the Indirect Sourcing strategy.
- Participate in Suppliers' Performance and Business reviews (monthly/quarterly per Suppliers' governance model)
- Are the main contact for transport RFP to collect data and build specifications
- Are the Site Customs referent?
NETWORK & LINKS:
- Site Supply Chain
- TCTs & Central OOG
- Indirect Procurement
- Project Teams
- Finance and Controlling
- Transportation & Logistics Suppliers
- Direct Material suppliers
- Customs broker
- You manage the planning and execution of transportation and logistics flows for the site.
- Document and maintain the Site transportation plan with a routing guide covering all modes (road, express, oversize) in collaboration with the Global Transportation team and its pillars (Overseas-TCTs, Regional-TCTs, and Project Out-of-Gauge team)
- See to it that transportation requests and bookings are anticipated and planned by defined cut-off times.
- Ensure material is prepared and ready on time for dispatch and that shipment status is up to date in the information system.
- See to it that shipping documents are available (delivery notes, commercial invoice, certificate of origin, transport & customs document) remaining in constant contact with suppliers and customers.
- Make sure Purchase orders are open in line with budgets and forecasts and monitor the approval in due time of invoices for transportation services.
- Solve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, customs, or customer issues; monitor non-conformities and non-compliance issues (emergency shipments, late cancellations, document issues) and drive continuous improvement plans.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
YOU LEAD THE SITE SHIPMENT/EXPEDITING DEPARTMENT AND DEPLOY THE TRANSPORTATION STRATEGY:
- Document requirements and specifications about the scope of services for Transportation Provider(s); actively participate in RFPs for transportation services and business awards in collaboration with Indirect Procurement
- Express requirements and specifications about IS&T tools and development
- Participate in Suppliers' Performance and Business reviews (monthly/quarterly per governance model)
- Be the escalation point for operational issues raised by Internal Customers and the Global Transportation department.
- Be the SPOC for Global TCTs and OOG teams about process improvements or new projects: consolidate internal needs, arbitrate between priorities, and liaise with Site stakeholders.
- Play the role of ambassador for the Global Transportation team on Site; coordinate or deliver training to the Sites teams (logistics and shipping teams, material planning, procurement, engineering…) on transportation management strategy, regulations, international trade, and Incoterms…
YOU SUPPORT THE GLOBAL TRANSPORTATION PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Implement and maintain standard KPIs.
- Understand reporting needs and design reports that provide stakeholders with accurate measurements of their business drivers.
- Ensure timely and accurate updates of the performance dashboards and reports.
- Monitor cost performance vs Budget of the site; identify cost drivers, analyze deviations, and propose action plans.
- Contribute to continuous improvement.
- Design and implement a visual management process regularly updated.
YOU DRIVE CONSISTENCY IN PROCESS MAPPING, SYSTEMS & DATA.
- Drive process analysis for harmonization across Sites (APSYS)
- Maintain documentation of Transportation processes using Operational Excellence tools (VSM, SIPOC)
- Design a robust data collection system (from AT systems and/ or external parties); maintain the data repository of the site
YOU FACILITATE THE CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT AND TRANSFORMATION OF THE TRANSPORTATION ORGANIZATION.
- Analyze performance, identify opportunities for improvement, and propose corrective actions or improvement plans.
- Run network studies aimed at improving AT Transportation network, reducing Total Cost and Delivery lead times.
- Develop REX and share best practices.
- Contribute with transportation cost models to Supply Chain TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) for end-to-end business cases and optimization of material flows.
- Support the OOG Central team to collect & document Transport Specifications for RFP
- Support the analysis and validation of technical offers from Transportation providers.
- Support the OOG Central Team during technical clarification meetings.
- Manage or support (based on the RACI) the local transportation provider during project implementation and execution, including performance management.
- Monitor local project implementation be part of the kick-off meetings, ensure documentation availability (invoice, packing list), and make sure the RS product is fully ready to be transported (marking, visual tags, lashing & lifting points)
- Supervise loading/unloading operations (at site and/or depots) for domestic or continental transportation.
- Actively support the transportation schedule to achieve contractual deliverables.
- Follow and manage priorities with Planners’ teams in case of overlaps of shipment dates across projects.
- React to unplanned events and propose alternative solutions to ship/deliver (Site/depot) for domestic or continental transportation.
- Drive continuous improvement and propose updates to the Project Method of Statement
- Collect accurate data and send all required documentation to the customs broker in charge of customs declarations.
- Check if the Customs procedures at import/export are correctly applied taking into account the basic principles when importing/exporting/transiting goods with regards to Customs declarations, application of specific regimes, origin rules, and Customs valuation.
- Identify potential risks across the different operational Customs activities to propose mitigation plans.
- Ensure that legal requirements are met regarding receiving and maintaining the relevant customs authorizations.
- Ensure customs efficiency by providing advice based on customs best practices and expertise.
- Contribute to the training of the site team to improve customs requirements awareness and improve efficiency.
- Follow the financial and accounting aspects related to customs clearance operations.
- Monitor and report customs operational performance (productivity and quality) to the country/site management as well as to the central Tax and customs dept.
- As part of the worldwide customs sites referents network, share the return of experience and good practices with the other regions.
- Lead Customs certifications (e.g., AEO, etc.) compliance & renewal
- University degree in international transport or supply chain field
- Fluent in English
- Incoterms knowledge
- Knowledge of modern principles for efficient transportation management, and distribution control
- Minimum 5 years in a similar Supply Chain position
- Validated experiences in logistics, and 3PL management.
- Good understanding of customs regulations and procedures of the site’s country
- Leadership, initiative, and decision minded.
- Team spirit approach and good communication skills
- Strong Ethics & High Integrity
- Continual learning & professional development
SOFT SKILLS/COMPETENCE TRASVERSALI:
- Sense of urgency
- Process management
- Team spirit & Reliable
- Process management
- Good communication, negotiation, leadership, and initiative skills
- Problem-solving skills.
- Priority & risk management
- Agile, Inclusive & Responsible attitude