- Closely adhere to all safety standards and procedures. Act as a safety role model, encourage and recognize others completing safe acts, and intervene when unsafe acts are being practiced. Identify gaps in safety standards and safety risks in the operational environment, implement effective risk mitigation, and provide recommendations to higher-level technical staff and management.
- Demonstrate and promote integrity, strong initiative, a no-compromise focus on safety, and quality of work continuously and may assist with or perform basic quality audits of less experienced staff
- Perform intermediate-level wind turbine maintenance and/or installation tasks as assigned, such as proficient operation and use of tools (including but not limited to specialized calibration, hydraulic, and power tools) and basic turbine equipment. Document tasks where required and enters data into the company system (e.g. SAP)
- Effectively gather information regarding turbine performance/issues. May diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions up to intermediate routine issues. Seek assistance when encountering turbine issues outside the trained skill level to ensure success in resolution.
- Follow a basic structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks including the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge) and independently initiate and perform most work tasks, as well as follow defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed, and perform according to written and verbal instruction from higher level technical staff
- Effectively promote a strong team environment by assisting teammates in accomplishing goals and mentoring lower-level technical staff. Visibly support and promote change initiatives and team spirit and cooperation as well as proactively look for improvement opportunities to job-appropriate processes and procedures and communicate through appropriate channels or implement improvements using the appropriate control management protocol.
- Interface with customers and may respond to customer inquiries. Refer complex customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager. Demonstrate strong customer focus at all times.
- Tertiary diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) year of technical wind industry experience, OR six (6) months of technical wind industry experience and a certificate of completion from a Wind Technician program, OR in absence of technical wind industry experience, minimum three (3) years experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical skills and/or composite skills
- Trade tested - Mechanical or electrical
- Demonstrated use and understanding of intermediate-level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque, and diagnostic tools (e.g. fluke meter functions and hydraulic pressure gauge)
- Ability to demonstrate an intermediate working knowledge of industrial safety practices/protocols (e.g. Confined Space, energy isolation)
- Valid Driver's License and ability to obtain a Passport
- Strong attention to detail and execution excellence and good interpersonal and customer relation skills as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision and support initiatives
- Basic computer operation skills, familiarity with internet-based program navigation, and ability to generate and interpret computer data and ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and schematics to validate work activity and ensure that risks are identified and mitigated
- Ability to constantly climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height, to access the work area as well as the ability to frequently lift, push, pull, and carry items up to 30 Kg in weight
- Ability to frequently walk, stand, look up/down, balance, stoop, twist, kneel, and bend and the ability to constantly grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools and turbine parts
- Comfort constantly working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters
- Ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write in English as well as the ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including controlled decent
- Ability to hear and see, including the ability to perceive depth and distinguish colors, sufficient to perform job functions and use close-range radios and also able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions
- Comfort working remotely in a Turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction
- Ability to work in a respirator, including passing a respirator medical evaluation and fitness test
About the company
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner in sustainable energy solutions, we design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines, etc.