Senior Sales RepresentativeCandi
North WestSouth Africa
4 days ago0 Applicants
- Achieve sales targets by generating revenue through effective sales strategies.
- Manage the entire sales process from lead generation to closing, including prospecting, sales pitch, client visit, proposal generation, and contract negotiation.
- Develop strong business relationships with key industry players such as EPCs, Channel Partners, and other stakeholders to drive business growth.
- Implement sales strategies and initiatives to meet business objectives.
- Work closely with marketing and a junior salesperson to generate leads.
- Take ownership of and drive the process to guarantee a deal’s success working with stakeholders to clear technical, administrative, regulatory, and financial aspects, etc.
- Work closely with the engineering team and other support functions to guarantee client satisfaction and project delivery promptly.
Customer Relationship Management
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the sales and after to create referral opportunities.
- Work closely with the Asset Management team on upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Analyse sales metrics and trends to determine the effectiveness of current sales strategies
- Report sales performance and provide regular updates to management.
- Actively use and update the company's CRM tool (Salesforce) to reflect sales activities.
- Gather market intelligence and stay up-to-date on industry trends and news that could influence the business such as energy policy, regulatory changes, etc.
- Analyse competitors and identify opportunities to differentiate products and services.
- Collect pricing intelligence.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification (preferably Business Administration, Marketing, or an equivalent degree in Engineering coming with experience in sales).
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in sales,
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and driving business growth in renewable energy, infrastructure, finance, or related industries.
- Ability to prioritize workload and juggle multiple tasks from client acquisition to closing.
- Being savvy with creating, selling, and clearly communicating techno-commercial proposals to a non-technical client audience.
- Must be very comfortable working in the digital realm, using tools such as Google Workspace, Salesforce, Asana, Slack, etc.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, written and spoken English required, Afrikaans or African languages is a plus.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Ideally joining an existing network of potential clients, and partners (EPCs/ commission agents) to tap into the commercial & industrial sector in South Africa.
- Exposure to, or a good understanding of, solar financial (or similar/related) products.
- Financial modeling and commercial contract understanding.
About the company
Candi is a top-notched solar company. We bring together international capital, and local expertise to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector.