Senior Programmer Analyst IIThermo Fisher Scientific
Eastern CapeSouth Africa
5 days ago0 Applicants
- As a Senior Programmer Analyst II, you will perform advanced bioinformatics programming activities for the statistical and computational considerations of research projects. You will serve as the lead programmer for moderate to complex projects and provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Act as the lead programmer or project lead on studies of significant complexity, working directly with project team leaders and client representatives to conduct team meetings, develop and maintain project timelines, assess and forecast resources, and monitor study budgets.
- Assume leadership responsibility as a contributing member of a multidisciplinary project team, communicating actively and frequently with other team members and ensuring adherence to working practice documents and SOPs.
- Independently creates, executes, maintains, and validates programs that transfer data across multiple data management systems or operating systems, combines data from a variety of sources and structures, generates and stores summary data from a variety of sources, generates reports or combines multiple databases and validates programs that generate listings, tables and figures using SAS.
- Manages and documents assignments to meet timelines and deliver high-quality work, being familiar with any relevant contractual obligations or limits.
- Increases knowledge base and professional skills in areas including programming, technology and techniques, clinical trials, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Provides training, guidance, and project leadership to junior team members.
- May provide general infrastructure support to the Department, including representing the company at industry conferences, presenting/teaching at department meetings, assisting in establishing training materials, etc.
- Provides input into the bidding process as requested.
- MS/MA degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, or related field and at least 4 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements, OR
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification, and at least 6 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements.
- In-depth understanding of SAS and, ideally, one other programming language
- In-depth understanding of relational database structure and complex data systems
- Capable of effectively capturing biostatistical metrics
- Capable of providing quality control reviews for statistical programming and identifying solutions and process improvements
- Capable of independently and effectively organizing and managing multiple assignments with challenging timelines
- Solid project management skills to act as project leaders across the most challenging and complex projects
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, and motivation
- Capable of training and mentoring others
- Fluency in English
About the company
The World Leader In Serving Science