As a Senior Programmer Analyst within Early Development Services (EDS), you will perform advanced bioinformatics programming activities for the statistical and computational considerations of research projects.
- Acts as the lead programmer on selected studies of moderate complexity, working directly with project team leaders and client representatives to assess and develop project goals and timelines. Assumes leadership responsibility as a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary clinical trials project team, communicating actively and frequently with other team members as needed.
- Independently creates, executes, maintains, and validates programs that transfer data across multiple data management systems or operating systems, combines data from a variety of sources and structures, generates and stores summary data from a variety of sources, generates reports or combines multiple databases and validates programs that generate listings, tables and figures using SAS
- Manages and documents assignments to meet timelines and deliver high quality work, being familiar with any relevant contractual obligations or limits.
- Increases knowledge base and professional skills in areas including programming, technology and techniques, clinical trials, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Provides training and guidance to junior team members.
- Provides general infrastructure support to the department, including representing the company at industry conferences, presenting/teaching at department meetings, assisting in establishing training materials, and contributing to other general department documents or policies such as the development of departmental working practice documents and SOPs.
- Provides support to the bidding process as requested.
Education and Experience:
- MS/MA degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field and at least 3 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements, OR
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification, and at least 5 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of one or more programming languages. SAS experience essential.
- Solid attention to detail
- Comprehensive problem solving and innovative skills
- Solid written and verbal communications skills to effectively interface with teams and clients, including proficiency in the English language
- Capable of independently and effectively organizing and managing multiple assignments with challenging timelines
- Capable of adapting and adjusting to changing priorities
- Demonstrated positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and the ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative and motivation
- Strong understanding of relational data base structure and complex data systems
- Capable of training and mentoring others
- Capable of effectively capturing biostatistical metrics
- Capable of providing quality control review for statistical programming