Senior Manager: Credit RiskNedbank Group
5 days ago0 Applicants
- Manage reports through early actioning of exceptions and arrears and excesses.
- Manage daily activities of direct reports by monitoring the staff output.
- Suggest alternative funding solutions by making recommendations based on the credit policy guideline and the analysis based on the information provided.
- Adapt to changes in Legislation, economic and industry conditions by implementing the changes to credit policies, processes and systems where applicable.
- Manage and rehabilitate clients through assessing clients financials either through physical or virtual engagements and provide alternate funding solutions.
- Identify systems and process improvement initiatives by escalating for decisions to relevant stakeholders.
- Make correct credit decisions on a consistent and timeous basis first time round by complying to service level agreements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of client needs by providing feedback on application decisions based on Nedbank's risk appetite.
- Upskill stakeholders by sharing knowledge on service offerings and client needs.
- Guide and support internal stakeholders through formal or informal knowledge sharing.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders through regular communication and feedback.
- Action reports by monitoring, distributing and collating information.
- Manage and support direct reports by providing advise on strategies and/or deliverables.
- Utilize resources by allocating activities according to business needs.
- Interpret, analyse and draw logical conclusions on client information to assess level of risk by interpreting financial information within the ambit of banking regulations, and formulate client solutions.
- Resolve work challenges by initiating action plans in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Contribute to policy, procedures and standards enhancement by providing input/suggestions.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank plan and ensuring delivered systems, process, services and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
Essential Qualifications - NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- B.Tech in Credit Management or B.Comm or studying towards a degree in Finance, Banking or Commerce
Minimum Experience Level
- 2 years managerial experience
- 5 -8 years credit lending or credit risk experience in a banking environment.
- Driving for Results
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Building Partnerships
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Industry trends
- Principles of financial management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Relevant Nedbank policies and procedures
- Banking knowledge
About the company
We provide a wide range of financial services in the banking industry, which includes wholesale and retail banking services through four main business clusters, such as Investment Banking, etc.