Senior Lecturer/ LecturerUniversity of the Western Cape
Western CapeSouth Africa
5 days ago0 Applicants
- Facilitate learning and teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Develop learning and teaching materials – e.g. online content, course readers, tutorial worksheets, assignments, assessments etc.
- Develop and make use of e-teaching methods.
- Actively participate in curriculum development and assessment.
- Conduct research and supervise postgraduate students.
- Develop and lead an internationally competitive, externally funded research programme (in the case of Lecturer this will be a future expectation).
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed, accredited journals relevant to the broader research field.
- Attend local and international conferences.
- Deliver services at departmental level commensurate with experience, e.g. university committees, and manage academic administration.
- Contribute to community engagement and outreach.
Requirements for Senior Lecturer:
- Ph.D. in Conservation Biology or related discipline.
- Proven record of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching at a tertiary institution in the relevant field.
- A record of active research and research dissemination, (by publications in national and international peer - reviewed, accredited journals and conference attendance.
- Proven record of securing research funding from external sources.
- Demonstrate experience of successful postgraduate supervision especially at Master's level.
Requirements for Lecturer level:
- M.Sc. in Conservation Biology or related discipline.
- Proven record of undergraduate teaching at a tertiary institution in the relevant field commensurate with level of appointment.
- Record of research or participation in ongoing research.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Computer literacy and e-learning skills (i.e. working on online teaching platforms).
Added advantage and preferences:
- Working towards completing a Ph.D. (Lecturer level).
- Record of publications or other relevant outputs (Lecturer level).
- Experience in departmental academic governance and curriculum development (Senior Lecturer level).
- Record of teaching large undergraduate classes (Senior lecturer level).
- Prior experience in the practice of conservation, e.g. implementation of strategies or policies (Senior Lecturer level).
- Evidence of active engagement with conservation management or related activities (Lecturer level).
About the company
The University of the Western Cape is a public research university in Bellville, near Cape Town, South Africa.