Senior Lecturer (Human Physiology)University of the Free State
Free StateSouth Africa
11 days ago0 Applicants
- Present lectures, tutorials, small-group discussions, and practical training sessions in Human Physiology for undergraduate students in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Present lectures, seminars, and tutorials in Human Physiology for postgraduate students in medicine and the health professions.
- Facilitate small-group discussions and practical sessions for undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Involved in curriculum development and module management in modules presented to undergraduate and postgraduate students in health professions.
- Participate in the departmental research program and postgraduate supervision.
Inherent Job Requirements:
- A Ph.D. degree in NQF level 10 in the field of Human Physiology.
- Proven experience in the presentation of papers at national and/or international scholarly conferences.
- Proven experience in the supervision of graduated masters and/or Ph.D. students.
- Proven research record of relevant publications in national and international accredited journals.
- Proven academic work experience in the higher education sector.
- An NRF rating or demonstrate potential for obtaining an NRF rating.
- Proven national recognition for specialist expertise and research in a specific area of scholarship.
- Proven experience of service as an active member of a national or international scholarly society or committee concerned with research at higher education levels.
- A valid driver's license.
- A good academic record.
Key Competencies Required:
- Results orientated:
- The ability to set high standards, establish tough goals, and work to achieve success.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfill obligations.
- Strategic thinking:
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- The ability to plan work and to follow plans.
- Business acumen:
- Ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office.
- Ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude and encourage people to work together.
- Building coalitions:
- The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
- The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
About the company
The University of the Free State (UFS) creates opportunities and growth through leading learning and teaching, focused research, and impactful engagement with society.