Senior Engineer (Pavement)Boikago Group (Pty) Ltd
Western CapeSouth Africa
7 days ago0 Applicants
- deliver discipline involvement in projects and ensures effective delivery input of others. Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations, drawings and reports etc. The role includes design development, design review, supervision, coordination and design documentation. Guides junior engineers and independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete design works.
- May be required to coordinate small - mid-size project teams of discipline-led engineers.
- Performs specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment as an experienced engineer.
- Provides specialised technical input into studies and design work for the expertise and identifies discrepancies in results.
- Develops design by gathering, correlating and analysing engineering data using computer software and established procedures and standards.
- Follows existing or develops design procedures to facilitate high-quality, cost-effective work by self and others.
- Participates in and creates an interdisciplinary review of project deliverables, including BIM spatial reviews (virtual walkthroughs and clash detection).
- Has knowledge of construction costs relating to their specific areas of design.
- Gathers and correlates engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
Prepares technical specifications.
- Performs work under the agreed-upon budget and schedule with little supervision—technical coordination with authorities for approvals.
- Solves problems encountered using knowledge, innovation and modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous works.
- Contributes to the area of expertise, providing proposed improvements to existing processes and delivers solutions where precedent may not exist.
- Performs technical quality reviews of design calculations, BIM models and drawings, including documentation in project record by adhering to quality, occupational health and safety and corporate standards.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical effort/man-hours for projects.
- Maintains and develops the highest level of technical skills and abilities.
Mentoring of junior staff.
Client Relationship Management:
- Begins to build and maintain client relationships. Attends client meetings as technical support to gather information and discuss project requirements, explain/ defend work, etc.
- Participates in the development and preparation of bids and proposals—the ability to present solutions to clients in a professional and technically competent manner.
- May be required to act as Project Manager on small to medium size discipline-specific projects.
- Has an excellent understanding of project delivery requirements and is well versed with project delivery procedures.
- Should be well versed in the use of Earned Value Management to assess the progress of design against budget.
Minimum experience & qualifications required
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering from an accredited University/Master of Science or Engineering preferred.
- 8+ Years' experience after obtainment of Qualification
- Professionally registered as an Engineer with ECSA or relevant professional body
About the company
An established Track Record of Growth, Prosperity, and Success in Human Capital Solutions.