Senior EngineerRockwell Automation
4 days ago0 Applicants
- Design Industrial Control System Solutions using Rockwell Automation equipment and software
- Create computer simulations of Industrial Control System Solutions
- Perform, delegate, and supervise the testing of Industrial Control System Solutions during each project phase
- Create, validate, and accept test reports on every project phase
- Lead local and international projects with the support of more experienced engineers
- Coordinate project tasks at local and international levels with the support of more experienced engineers
- Cooperate with the local engineering team to deliver business goals
- Delegate and accept project tasks
- Create, review, and approve technical documentation according to various South African and International engineering standards
- Sign-off on Electrical and Instrumentation design drawing as a registered Professional Engineer (Pr. Eng)
- Active participation in project meetings, present team, and individual progress both locally and remote
- Attend mandatory training enabling to develop and broaden technical knowledge
- Attend newcomers' induction and development
- Support in the creation and updating of existing procedures, schematics, and technical documentation
- Analyze, interpret, and follow internal and external norms with the support of more experienced engineers
- Cooperate with strategic sourcing on new product development area
Skills You Have
- Demonstrated skills in the Industrial Control System Solutions development process, including electrical system design (Motor Control Centers, Variable Speed Drives, and Medium Voltage interface).
- Excellent communication skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronics
- 5 years of experience with electrical Low-Voltage (LV) design and testing
- 5 years of experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC or similar) design and testing
- Legal authorization to work in South Africa and ability to travel internationally (10%)
- Experience with MV Switch Gear
- Experience with LV Variable Speed Drives
- Familiarity with packaging designs for Industrial Control System Solutions, including design for mechanical robustness, EMC, and thermal considerations.
- Experience with writing and executing hardware and system test specifications.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve complex problems which involve both hardware and firmware.
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products (including Logix controllers and software tools) and/or other industrial control equipment.
About the company
We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more intelligent, more connected, and more productive.