- Responsible for stacking laminations of the Stator Frame, Cage Rotor, and final assembly of traction motors
- Main activities are mechanical fitting, as well as some ARC Welding.
- Perform complete assemblies to the specified Quality, Cost, and Delivery requirements.
- Mechanical Fitting 80%; Arc Welding cast iron (MIG) 20%.
- Stacking laminations on cage rotor and stator frame.
- Able to follow instructions when operating the machines. Oven settings/lamination presser/brazing machines.
- Fit and assemble all parts/items following the technical WIS & Special process requirements.
- Welding blocking segments according to the technical instructions & Special process specifications
- Certain of the activities entail:
- Lamination stacking and hot product expanding/shrinking.
- Alignment of the copper bars on the cage rotor and cleaning bars and rings with a metal brush.
- Preparation (alignment/cleaning) and quenching.
- Perform balancing on the assembled cage rotor using the machine.
- Repair non-conformities (geometry, visual aspect of the criteria) by following the prescribed repair specification.
- Perform self-inspections for quality checks.
- Adhere to continuous improvement processes and teamwork.
- Reporting any problems to your direct supervisor/EPU manager for assistance.
- Performing other duties as requested by the EPU manager.
- Detecting and anticipating simple manufacturing anomalies, as well as more complex defects.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science or N3 Certificate with technical Mathematics and Science
- An accredited (TETA, MERSETA, etc.) welding course certificate / semi-skilled welder.
- +-3 years’ experience in welding industrial methods or in a welding workshop, as well as work experience in mechanical fitting.
- Knowledge of welding processes & principles
- Basic knowledge of the properties of metals (mild steel – ref: & stainless steel – ref 304L)
- Perform the first level of inspection on all machines /hand tools & lifting equipment before use.
- Ability to operate an overhead crane for assembly operations and move the product with a pallet stacker.
- Ability to operate power tools, lifting equipment, drill machines, portable grinders, and other hand tools related to the job requirement.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply technical drawings (work instructions, welding parameters, safety instructions, etc.)
- Working knowledge of EN/ISO welding standards (EN ISO 9606-1, EN 15085, ISO 3834) is an added advantage
- Familiar / experienced with the use of jigs & fixtures
- Must be physically fit with good eyesight and hearing.
- Must be able to work shifts and overtime when required.
- Can assemble components with the desired levels of quality.
- Ability to use basic hand tools and crane usage.
- Ability to read and follow assembly instructions.
- Should be technically minded and practical.
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) (English).
- Concentration, rigor, sense of responsibility/organization, motivation, dexterity, autonomy, curiosity about learning the job, respect for instructions, professional conscience, and team spirit.
About the company
We are a firm in the transportation sector, in the digital age. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility.