- Conduct planned and proactive maintenance on equipment to deter failures.
- Identify and implement improvement projects to optimise welding robot cycle times
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Make minor adjustments on existing robot welding programs as required.
- Review and improve robotic process and sequence to improve cycle times
- Provide daily production support for robotic welding cells.
- Perform robot manual welding when required
- Check completed parts to ensure compliance with required weld quality acceptance criteria.
- Modify existing robot programs to improve robot reliability, maintainability, and/or performance.
- Conduct root cause analysis for all robot downtimes and failures
- Work with equipment OEM to improve robotic cells and address operational issues
- Identify and implement opportunities for predictive maintenance on installed robots
- Maintain robot welding guns by completing scheduled planned maintenance
- Follow ISO procedures and standards to improve work processes and safety within robot cells.
- Continuous improvement of robotic station efficiencies through correction of design deficiencies
- Improve robotic station’s process stability
- N. Diploma or B. Degree in Automation / Instrumentation / Electro-Mechanical Eng / Mechatronics or similar.
- Three years’ experience on industrial robotic operation, programming, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Three years hands-on experience with Yaskawa Motoman robots
- Three years’ experience programming Yaskawa controllers
- Three year working experience on Yaskawa DX200 controllers
- Working knowledge of Siemens S7 PLC
- Knowledge of IGM robots and K6 UI will be a plus
- General understanding of welding timers will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with global Industrial Robot standards and specifications
About the company
We are a firm in the transportation sector, in the digital age. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility.