Recon And Client Control SpecialistNedbank Group
5 days ago0 Applicants
- To provide quality and accurate business administrative support to internal and external stakeholder enabling Nedbank to achieve its business goals
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly bank reconciliations
- Reconcile bank cash accounts and ledgers
- Investigating discrepancies quickly and efficiently
- Position recons and operating environment is market/treasury operations
- Daily interaction with both clients, Back office, Front office and Finance
- Act as a subject matter expert Creation and maintenance of clients on Trading systems (FATS, Wallstreet, Fenics, Front Arena)
- Assisting in audit queries
- Provide advice on system products by solving queries timeously.
- Deal with queries by liaising with stakeholders and internal clients to avoid failed trades and penalties (reputational risk).
- Manage internal and external client satisfaction by building and maintaining relationships, understanding client needs and delivering services to meet client requirements.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships and giving and receiving feedback.
- Monitor own performance by tracking against performance goals and taking corrective actions.
- Manage operating risks at targeted levels by driving compliance to internal and external guidelines, policies, procedures, business rules, regulatory needs, defined parameters and compliance/governance requirements.
- Manage risk in business area by analysing and taking action regarding regulatory and audit reports.
- Resolve work obstacles by putting contingency plans in place and taking corrective action.
- Contribute to policy, procedures and standards development by making recommendations for improvement.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems, process, services and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g.. Green Strategy).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
Essential Qualifications - NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Bachelor of Commerce
- ACI certification (ACI - Governing Body)
Minimum Experience Level
- 5 years experience in financial markets
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business writing
- Communication Strategies
- Data analysis
- Industry trends
- Principles of project management
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Research methodology
- Decision-making process
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Asset Risk Management
- Continuous Learning
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
About the company
We provide a wide range of financial services in the banking industry, which includes wholesale and retail banking services through four main business clusters, such as Investment Banking, etc.