- Drive Utilities Efficiencies and reliability across site.
- Provide Technical and process support to Cellar Operations
- Ensuring compliance to environmental, health, safety and risk management standards.
- Ensure that world class asset care and maintenance principles are introduced and adhered to (e?cient asset utilization).
- Compile, manage and control maintenance budget including capex
- Maintain effective control of all project funding requests (i.e. abnormal maintenance and capital) Manage performance and people development within the department.
- Managing maintenance projects and feasibility studies.
- Plan utilities availability and planned shutdowns and assist with compiling short and long term equipment replacement plan
- Develop and Management of quality systems (ISO 9001/2000) in responsibility area.
- Ensure compliance to OHSACT and all Distell Risk, Health and Safety procedures, including statutory requirements Ensure crew complies and adheres to all relevant policies, procedures, work instruction and SOPs
- Develop and implement annual departmental business plans and assist in site’s business plan. Innovation and business improvements in support of operational goals.
- Ensure maintenance plans for equipment is current and drive ICC compliance Problem solving and technical guidance of the maintenance teams
- Ensure that plant maintenance standards are met and RCM principles are applied Management and co-ordination of an e?cient maintenance function throughout the plant Improve Plant uptime, optimise utilization and e?ciency of plant resources. Drive sustainability agenda across site.(Water, Electricity, Energy, Effluent, CO2,etc.)
- Manage multi-disciplinary projects from inception until ?nal commissioning
- Conduct all the required risk assessments and Hazop processes in compliance with Distell Requirements Develop project schedules to ensure projects are closely managed
- Lead the process of projects FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) and PAT (Performance Acceptance Test) Ensure that staff is trained and signed off on operation of new equipment
- Develop project close out to ensure snags are closed and project formally handed over to the site. Managing and maintaining site facilities and infrastructure.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- At least 3 years experience in an Engineering environment.
- At least 2 years experience in managing general utilities i.e. water, gas, refrigeration plant, compressors, waste water. At least 2 years relevant maintenance and project management experience, preferably in a beverage or fast moving consumables goods environment,with a proven track record of managing a maintenance team of Artisans/Foreman(including budget control)
- Good working knowledge of plant items in light industrial applications (i.e. coal boilers, steam systems, cooling
- towers, refrigeration systems, air compressors, waste water treatment plants, water ?ltration (UF/RO), valves, pumps, piping systems, heat exchangers, electrical systems, instrumentation and civil work etc.)
- Project management experience, preferably in a beverage- or related production environment. Computer literacy (i.e. Microsoft O?ce, Excel, SAPR3/ PM, etc.)
- A willingness to work outside of normal working hours, when required People management, performance management and leadership skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills at various levels of employees. A self-starter with high levels of energy and motivation
- The successful candidate must be innovative and drive best practices.
- Relevant and recognized tertiary quali?cation BSc degree, B. Tech degree
- A Government Certi?cate of Competency (Factories) is compulsory
About the company
Distell is a multinational brewing and beverage company, based in South Africa, and also markets a diverse portfolio of award-winning alcoholic brands.