- The Personal Assistant provides extensive support including but not limited to admin, secretarial and functional support associated with the specific role requirements. The Personal Assistant also assists in increasing and ensuring the office's efficiency in the required administrative functions.
Reporting to the Head of Audit, the Personal Assistant will inter alia be responsible for
- Providing professional and confidential administrative support to multiple Partners within the Audit division.
- Providing support to the audit managers and trainees regarding work done for designated partners.
- Initiating, establishing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring administration systems and procedures within the Partner’s Office
- Diary management for Partners and General Office Administration
- Providing logistical support to the Partners in the execution of his/her duties
- Coordinating and providing secretarial support to Partners, including taking minutes, preparing presentations, collation of reports, memorandums, and electronic communication.
- Processing invoices (including credit notes and release of write-off invoices).
- Organisation and booking of seminars and conferences for partners and staff including bookings, expense requisitions, obtaining partner authorisation, follow-up, sending to relevant partners
- Organising business and private travel arrangements
- Ensure financial statements are printed and audit reports are typed.
- Communicating verbally and electronically with internal and external clients.
- Liaising with courier services for both local and international deliveries as well as internal driver/messenger on deliveries
- Input of weekly timesheets and expenses (billings) onto Great soft and keep track of hours spent
- Dealing with Client queries and enquiries.
- Debt collection on requests from partners.
- Control of Petty Cash Management process
- General Administration and any ad hoc duties/projects that will be assigned from time to time.
- National Diploma - Administration and Office Support/ 3-year Degree in Office Management/Secretary studies desirable
- 3-6 years of experience as a Personal Assistant
- Prior experience with a financial services company desirable
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Good interpersonal skills will be required to be successful in this role
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask are essential
- Ability to prioritise and handle stress
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fine attention to detail
- A high level of initiative and ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Socially aware and able to work as part of a diverse team
About the company
BDO is a group of accounting firms that offers accounting, auditing, secretarial, tax, financial services, and risk management.