Oops! It seems this job from Genesis Analytics has expired
Manager: Social Sector FinancingGenesis Analytics
- Ensure service excellent and delivery;
- Manage interactions and negotiations with clients;
- Performance manage the team and team members;
- Ensure project profitability and efficiency;
- Assess and structure the problem to be solved, and approach to the analysis of data and information, testing and refining hypotheses, and drafting and communicating conclusions and recommendations to the client.
In some cases, you will travel to do this, usually with colleagues.
You will also lead work in:
- business development in social sector financing, including responsibility for leading and managing proposals;
- turning new ideas on social sector financing into concrete products, such as blog posts, academic articles, conference presentations, or innovative products for clients.
- practice organization, including working on practice strategy, and business systems, recruiting, nurturing, and managing consultants, and building and leading new specialisms in social sector financing.
You will also contribute to the wider firm strategy and organization.
We offer you a steep learning curve while providing an opportunity to make a difference. We will invest in your professional development. We offer meaningful work with professional, talented, and supportive teams; mentoring and regular feedback from partners; structured training and coaching programs; and a career ladder. You will learn:
- How to structure and solve problems rigorously and collaboratively leads to realizing value.
- How to work effectively in diverse, lean, agile, and professional teams.
- How to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
- About your work and leadership styles and preferences.
- Specialist technical skills in social sector financing.
We hire managers with the expectation that they can become partners at Genesis. Genesis offers a highly rewarding, challenging, and flexible career. Working with your mentor, we encourage you to explore living and working in different locations and deepening and complementing your specialized skills and knowledge in social sector financing.
Who you are
The ideal Genesis candidate carries a balanced combination of powerful intellect, strong technical skills, and a consulting character to match. Such candidates:
- Are passionate, self-motivated, and energetic problem-solvers
- Value integrity and exhibit ethical behavior
- Are analytical thinkers and fast learners with excellent academic records.
For this role, the preferred candidate will possess the following essential skills and competencies
- Master’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Maths, Statistics, or similar
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in social sector financing.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams in changing environments
- Leadership skills, and the capability to lead teams and projects
- Ability to solve problems through clear thinking, and strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including attention to detail.
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellence in Excel, STATA, R, Matlab, or Tableau.
Other desirable skills and competencies include:
- Consulting experience
- Proficiency in other advanced software packages, such as Python, dashboards, such as PowerBI, data visualization, presentation or design software, and GIS
- Languages relevant to Genesis’ geographies, especially French.
Genesis Analytics is a global African consulting firm that has worked in more than 90 countries across the world. Our roots are firmly in Africa, having worked in 42 countries on the continent. Our purpose as a firm is to unlock value through seeking solu