Manager - Online Teaching And LearningRosebank College
5 days ago0 Applicants
- To head up and manage the academic department, develop, workforce planning and implementation (which includes the hiring of talent for recruitment and related administration) and own the quality assurance of Academic processes and systems for every academic on campus. To implement overarching Teaching & Learning strategies and interventions, corrective action for at-risk students and to triangulate with Student Wellness and Library Services in the interest of overall student wellness.
- Implementation of academic policies.
- Approval of students’ academic requests (exception apps).
- Controlling assessment procedures e.g. security and invigilators.
- Approval of all lecturers on IIE programmes as per part-time
- lecturer appointment process.
- Surveys: Student, Lecturer, Technology.
- Peer Review Process: Drive results analysis and Peer Review
- Manage the implementation of structured online class visits and Peer Review consultations.
- Graduation: assist the operations team as required.
- Handling of claims as well as a functional budget
- Own and control the quality assurance of all Academic
- Operations and support systems for every academic on campus.
- Assist Academic staff in crafting and implementing development plans.
- Drive results analysis and Peer Review consultations.
- Monitor the delivery of workshops, forum agendas and teaching portfolio compliance, policy compliance and awareness as well as implementation.
- Develop and deliver policy awareness workshops.
- Scheduling of timetables.
- Contracting lecturers as per the scheduled timetable.
- Updating of timetable as required.
- Analyse student attendance statistics with PST as part of At Risk process (Lecturer, programme, module issues).
- Implement strategies, interventions and remedial action for At-Risk students.
- Assessment: Timetables of assessments, marking, mark upload and collation as per policy.
- Manage the CASS release on campus.
- Assessment: Summative – paper request (quantity), release, marks collection, upload on the system, and the release of marks.
- Monitoring moderation process.
- Manage assessment for sittings 2 and 3 (all different apps).
- Ensuring that academic reports are distributed timely.
- Manage communication with all stakeholders regarding changes in timetables, materials, assessments and general updates.
- Offering academic support to Academic staff.
- Ensure timely distribution of academic reports.
- Administration around programme implementation.
- Management of the Teaching and Learning Budget.
- Monitoring Part-time lecturer claim process and sign-off.
- Student and Lecturer Support and Development
- Ensure the Academic Team deliver on the various functions of teaching and learning.
- Management of all resources within the department.
Desired experience and Qualifications
- Master’s degree (Master’s in Business Management with PGCE or Master’s in Education)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education or Equivalent
- Management in a tertiary education setting 5 Year(s)
- Student development and student support 3 Year(s)
- Head of Department experience 3 Year(s)
- Any combination of experience and education
- that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities 3-5 Year(s)
Package and Remuneration
About the company
Rosebank College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd which is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Ac