Lecturer-English And Setswana For EducatorsRosebank College
5 days ago0 Applicants
- To teach/lecture an agreed number of hours based on module specialization requirements. To engage and prepare students for assessments by tracking module pacers, identifying and supporting at-risk students, managing general student administrative support, and developing assessments by engaging with the Central Academic Team. Assisting the Programme Coordinator in tracking and analyzing academic results to evaluate the performance of the module and to identify “at-risk modules”.
Main Outputs and Responsibilities
- Deliver lectures and engage students (30 hours per week) based on module-specific requirements in line with module pacers.
- Manage resources including academic materials and liaise with the Information Centre.
- Update the Learning Management System and provide feedback to students.
- Engage and prepare students for assessments, identify at-risk students, and develop assessments by Central Academic Team briefings.
- Monitor student engagement as well as assessment submission with relevant escalation.
- Attend and participate in academic meetings across all faculties.
- Support Part-time Lecturers with faculty requirements.
- Reflect on, review, and analyze student module results.
- Offer academic support to the Programme Coordinator with results analysis and tracking of own modules to assess the performance of modules and to identify at-risk modules.
- Support the monitoring of Part-time Lecturer performance and pass rates per module.
- Train on marking and related policies and procedures
- Develop and design Teaching-Learning materials in support of module-specific outcomes.
- Co-lectured and set up subject meetings twice a semester.
- Assist with student registration and orientation as required
Research and/or Academic Professional Development to enhance the quality of Teaching-Learning (15%)
- Research: Conduct scholarly disciplinary-based or SOTL Research and deliver set research outputs according to the institution / Brand’s research targets and contribute to the Brand’s Teaching-Learning practice; or
- Academic Professional Development: complete a set number of academic professional development interventions per academic cycle (one year) that contribute to the improvement of the Brand’s Teaching-Learning practice and personal professional academic status
- Education and Qualification
- A Bachelor of Education (Honours) specializing in Education - Foundation Phase and/or Intermediate Phase
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education - Foundation Phase and/or Intermediate Phase
- The undergraduate qualification or postgraduate qualification must include a focus on English & Setswana Teaching - Foundation Phase and/or Intermediate Phase Teaching.
- 3 years of industry-specific experience in the area of specialization
- 3 years of lecturing experience.
- Solid understanding of the South African Further Education and Higher Education environment and regulatory framework
- Teaching-Learning theory
- Assessment methods and processes
- Teaching-Learning interventions
- Holistic lecturer and student support services
- Technology savvy
- Computer literate
- Open and available
- Programme-specific software knowledge
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Able to manage individuals / small groups.
- Presentation and materials development.
Physical job requirement
- No criminal record
- No MIE listing in respect of arrears / outstanding fees to any educational facility
- Saturday work required
About the company
Rosebank College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd which is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Ac