Key Account RepresentativeSoluGrowth
5 days ago0 Applicants
- To manage and control the movement of cargo from the designated origin to the prescribed destination in-line with the client’s instructions and requirements, whilst adhering to company policies, procedures & client requirements.
As an Import & Export Controller, you will work on accurately executing day-to-day freight forwarding operational activities across the world for all clients. You will cover the following tasks:
- Negotiate and organize transport movements with a vast contact base of sub-contractors.
- As well as internally- understanding client requests, being able to action them accordingly on and off the system, Opening files, doing SI’s and sending pre-alerts to needed parties internally and agents, following up on bookings with tradelines, monitoring shipments and arranging for the necessary documentation to be processed, transport to be arranged.
- Ensure you do invoices, creditors, as well as ledgers. Ensure to build on client relationships as well as relationships internally
- Receive and manage new shipments
- Receiving new shipping instructions. Either internally or from clients' direct
- Manage by actioning and acknowledging the request
- Action according to process in place either on-system and or off system
- Opening files
- Issue Si’s
- Follow up on those bookings that have been made
- Receiving documents to check
- Sent pre-alerts out as well as load cons, cross haul instruction unpacking if needed
- Manage daily on Manto
Monitoring of shipments & Tracking
- Monitor shipments from sailing until arrival at port
- Ensure clearing etc. is done and all docs are in place that is needed.
- Monitoring process from arrival to the terminal
- Ensure cargo is being booked on trucks to move to provided destinations
- Sent out daily tracking as required by the customer
- Raise invoices based on clients’ contract requirements within set invoicing trigger, send invoices and supporting documents to Customers as needed for payment
- Capture all creditor's invoices, raising queries with relevant parties and/or the Accounts Department.
- Take profits the same day as raising debtors’ invoices and ensure that all relevant BOS fields are complete and closed files.
- Close files once the file balance is reading zero.
- And keep ledgers up to date as per the process
- Skills Behaviours
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organising
- Deadline Oriented
- Time Management
- Work Under Pressure
Education (Formal Qualification Required)
- Minimum Grade 12 (NQF Level 4)
- Diploma in Logistics & Transport Management - Ideal
Training and Knowledge
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Basic knowledge of the shipping industry
- Knowledge of finance (invoicing, etc.)
- On-the-job training on logistics operating systems and processes
- CONTRACT LAW- knowing the importance of understanding shipping documents
- Understanding customs clearing processes and documents
Experience (Minimum Experience Required)
- 5 years Minimum Experience in a forwarding environment in Logistics
- Valid Driver’s License
- Required to work after hours and on weekends.
About the company
SoluGrowth is a leading South African Business Process Solutions company with global reach and depth of expertise across a range of industries and serves clients across the globe. The company offers business process outsourcing, knowledge process outsourc