Oops! It seems this job from South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) has expired
IT Desktop Support TechnicianSouth African National Roads Agency (SANRAL)
- Provide on-site user support - excellent response time, provisioning of quality support and problem resolution agreed with the customer in line with the SANRAL ICT support standards and requirements.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- A Grade 12/ Senior Certificate.
- IT Diploma/ Degree or Equivalent.
- 3 years minimum relevant desktop and network support working experience in an IT environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- ITIL certification.
- A+/ N+
- MCSE or other relevant certification.
The successful incumbent will be able to effectively demonstrate the following competencies:
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of MS Windows operating systems and the ability to troubleshoot OS related problem.
- Incident management system experience.
- Basic Network troubleshooting and Knowledge of TCP/IP LAN, VPN, WAN and Wireless networking Environments.
- Knowledge of WSUS, Active Directory, Windows, Intune, System Centre 2012 (SCCM, SCOM, SCSM and Orchestrator) Advantage.
Ensure end-user satisfaction: ICT Systems Administration
- Active Directory and Exchange Administration.
- SAP Basis Administration.
- Technical Excellence Academy systems administration.
- Microsoft 365 Administration (Teams, InTune, SharePoint, etc).
- Video Conferencing (Polycom) System Administration.
- Avaya System and Treasury (CBMS) System Administration.
- Microsoft Configuration Manager Administration and Reporting.
Ensure end-user satisfaction: Application and Desktop Support
- Ability to effectively administer, troubleshoot and maintain user applications etc.
- Support and administration for end-user applications such as Microsoft 365, Video Conferencing equipment including Microsoft teams, OpenText (Electronic Document Management system and Coreshare), SANRAL Website, Printing services and Avaya telephony system.
- Providing understandable and clear guidance and knowledge transfer following the implementation of technology solutions or during the course delivering Root Cause Analyses.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot associated network and end user’s devices.
- Liaise with and provide end-user training on equipment operations and all SANRAL applications.
- Assist ICT Service Delivery lead with technical specifications on procurement of IT services.
Ensure end-user satisfaction: Incident management
- Managed calls logged with helpdesk and ensure all calls logged are responded to and resolved within the agreed SLA.
- Timely escalation of incidents/calls with 3rd-level support.
- Proactively notifying the IT Service Delivery Lead and Infrastructure lead about issues related to failure or poor performance of SANRAL Core systems and networks.
Enhance Information Security: User Access Control and Application Compliance.
- User Account Administration (Create, Modify, Terminate) on Active Directory, Exchange, SAP and other ICT systems.
- Build, deploy and monitor OS updates, Standard software updates and Microsoft Patches.
- Monthly monitoring of OS and Software Patches.
- Security Vulnerability Management and remediation.
Enhance Information Security: ICT Audits
- Participate in overall ICT Audit
- Ensure that reviewed users’ access on all ICT systems are actioned timely.
- Ensure that all systems and devices are patched according to the patch management policy and procedure.
- Assist ICT Service Delivery Lead and Infrastructure Lead to remediate all audit findings within scheduled timeframes agreed with the Auditor General and Internal Audit.
Enhance Information Security: IT Asset management.
- Overall ICT assets management (Issuing, Tagging, disposals, verification).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) is a South African parastatal responsible for the management, maintenance, and development of South Africa's proclaimed National Road network which includes many National and some Provincial and Regional route