Human Resources PractitionerSea Harvest Corporation
Western CapeSouth Africa
5 days ago0 Applicants
- To provide an efficient HR support service to the organisation by implementing relevant HR initiatives that address short- to long-term people development and functionality to ensure a motivated and directed workforce that’s able to function effectively and fulfil the needs of the organisation.
- Continuous improvement of service, practices and delivery for BU's operational requirements.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Duties include but will not be limited to:
- Monitor and maintain an improved IR climate:
- Conduct disciplinary, appeals hearings and grievance procedures in line the Disciplinary Code and Disciplinary SOP at all times.
- Ensure incident reports are completed in line with disciplinary procedures.
- Update and submit IR report on a monthly basis.
- Ensure line managers are addressing poor absenteeism in line the company policies procedure.
- Provide recruitment and selection service to Management in line with Sea Harvest Policies and Procedures, BCEA, LRA etc.:
- Ensure labour requisitions and advertisements are signed-off by the relevant department heads.
- Advertising, selection, interviews, shortlist, appoint all in accordance with Recruitment and Selection Policy in line with the current EE 5 year plan.
- Ensure correct appointment documentation are provided to the new employee at all times.
- Monitor and implement Employment Equity practices within the workplace:
- Ensure EE targets are maintained through recruitment and training.
- Ensure EE subcommittee forums represented by the relevant groups at all times.
- Ensure agendas are sent out in advance and attendance registers are signed at all times.
- HR Administration: Ensure all HR information filed and recorded onto SAGE where applicable, accurately at all times.
- Manage Employee Wellness Programme/EAP:
- Ensure the HR Administrator completes EWP/EAP task
- Ensure expenses are always signed off by HR Manager.
- Ensure meetings are attended by the relevant committee members and tasks are carried out accordingly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in HRM
- At least 3 At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in a related role
- Solid understanding of relevant legislation
- Excellent administration
- Superior telephone etiquette
- Excellent communication
- Good supervisory/leadership
- Good networking
- Good problem-solving, organising; Good time management; Good conflict management
- Strong computer literacy especially in MS applications
- Pressure resilient
- Team leader
- Good delegator
- Good blend of people/task orientation
- Multi-task focus
About the company
We are a leading, black-owned, responsible, internationally recognised, vertically integrated seafood and branded fast-moving consumer