- Ensure all HR employee filing is done on time – accurately and timely.
- Ongoing advice & support on company HR policies, benefits, and procedures to employees and all business units.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to employee activities such as training, grievances, disciplinary hearings, and performance reviews.
- Coordinate monthly birthday celebrations.
- Responsible for all HR-related administration.
- Ensure that all employee records are processed electronically and filed accurately and timely.
- Initiate purchase orders and payment requisitions in line with set procedures and ensure correct cost center allocation.
- Responsible for the minutes of various HR-related meetings.
- Update the HR policy file.
- Compile and submit various monthly HR Statistics and Progress reports, including EXCO reports.
- Responsible for updating and reporting various organization organograms including MENA monthly.
- Responsible for all month-end headcount reporting.
- Responsible for ad hoc administrative tasks and assignments in support of regional HR management.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of South African labor and other statutory requirements related to the management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Ensure all employees have updated Job Descriptions on file.
- Responsible for handling disciplinary and grievance procedures in line with the company policy and relevant legislation.
- Represent HR in disciplinary hearings and take minutes of proceedings.
- Compile all relevant documentation to support any labour-related litigation.
- Represent the company at conciliations and arbitration at the Motor Industry Bargaining Council.
- Develop the monthly Shopsteward / management meeting into a successful vehicle for improved communication.
- Act as a point of contact for the employees and managers in the business unit.
- Partner with coach and counsel managers and employees on how to manage and resolve country employee relations issues.
- Capturing disciplinary and grievance records on VIP.
- Responsible for restructuring and integration of the new Drive company.
- Responsible for retrenchment consultation and legal compliance.
- Responsible for full EE/SD compliance.
- Arrange and attend EE/SD meetings and prepare minutes.
- Responsible for EE statistics and reporting to Dept of Labour by end November of each year.
- Develop and facilitate professional development training sessions based on training needs analyses, career development and succession planning.
- Keep training file for MERSETA and BBBEE up to date.
- Responsible for SD statistics and on time reporting to MERSETA.
- Prepare training registers in advance.
- Organise meals for training sessions.
- Capture of training on VIP daily.
- Update training excel report by 2nd day of each month.
- Book external training and ensure that invoices are paid on time.
- Capture of annual training needs analysis by using performance assessments in consultation with management and staff to determine training required.
- Conduct staff training programs based on organizational and employee needs.
- Compile training courses, prepare notes and visual displays from researched information.
- Design and drive succession plans for key talent and key positions.
- Develop tools and guidelines towards strengthening employee capacity and continuity.
- Manage the talent acquisition process.
- Load vacant positions on systems for approval.
- Co-ordinate psychometric assessments.
- Set up and conduct screening interviews.
- Audit onboarding process in line with PERP requirements.
- Analyse the skills and competencies required for each particular job and develop job descriptions/specs and ensure that PROs are done for every position to be used in future recruitment initiatives.
- Liaise with recruitment agencies regarding vacancies.
- Advertise staff vacancies, assess applications, interview candidates, give selection tests and Predictive Index assessments, prepare reports and make recommendations to management about staff appointments.
- Develop outcome-based interview questionnaires for all vacant positions.
- Organise induction session for new employees with all department heads.
- Induct new employees on policies and procedures on the first day of employment.
- Introduce new employees to all employees on first day.
- Responsible for full BBBEE compliance.
- Ensure BBBEE training files are updated monthly.
- Ensure that the entities comply with BBBEE legislation and the Codes of Good Practice.
- Monitor and report on progress against transformation and sustainability plans and prepare the organization for the external verification process.
- Develop transformation execution plans.
- Contribute to the development of an operating model, governance structures, and reporting policies that will drive sustainability goals.
- 6- 8 years of relevant Human Resource experience
- Proficient & broad understanding of HR systems, processes, and Third Party providers.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid customer service and relationship management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of employment laws and regulations required
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems proactively
- Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting, priorities, and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is essential
- Strong administration and organizational skills.
- Strong Understanding of LRA, BCEA, Skills Development Act, and Employment Equity Act
- Project management skills- proven planning, coordination, and implementation ability.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management
- High energy levels
- 6 Years of work experience in a unionized environment – manufacturing, construction, FMCG, or distribution
- Minimum/Essential: BCom HR Management/B Degree Industrial Psychology
About the company
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.