Head: Infrastructure MaintananceUniversity of Venda
5 days ago0 Applicants
- BSc Honours in Built Environment with seven (7) years' relevant working experience.
- Driver’s license (code B).
- Computer skills and Communication skills.
- Registration with relevant professional bodies (Built Environment) will be added advantage.
The incumbent will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Supervising of maintenance personnel, contractors and establishing priorities in maintenance schedules.
- Maintenance of all infrastructure assets and facilities, parts inventory, monitoring purchase orders, invoice approvals, and manages the budget.
- Training and continuous development on all maintenance personnel.
- Performance evaluations for all maintenance personnel on a quarterly basis.
- Drives the Maintenance and Reliability initiative focused on Preventive & Predictive Maintenance, not reactive.
- Performs other duties by coordinating work with outside inspections, providing project management, ensuring safety of personnel, and performing other duties as required.
- Managing, maintaining, and establishing maintenance procedures.
- Developing and maintaining quality standards.
- Developing and maintaining associate safety standards.
- Develop associate and supervisor skills by conducting training meetings; one on one development sessions; outside technical skills training; and establishing and monitoring performance reviews for supervisors.
- Participate in designing and developing future infrastructure assets by attending design and projects meetings;
- Updating of maintenance operating procedures and schedules to incorporate the changes.
About the company
The University of Venda is a South African comprehensive rural-based institution, located in Thohoyandou in Limpopo province. It was established in 1982 under the then-Republic of Venda government.