4 days ago0 Applicants
- Completion of SAICA-accredited articles.
- 2 Years of commercial experience.
- Pastel Evolution (or similar software).
- Microsoft Office.
- Preparation of annual budgets.
- Preparation/review of monthly management accounts including analysis/commentary.
- Preparation/review of the annual financial statements.
- Preparation/review of monthly working paper files and high-risk balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure routine transactions (expenses, asset purchases, cash book entries, sales, etc.) are processed timeously by junior team members.
- Preparation/review of the non-routine transactions (depreciation, impairments, provisions, finance costs/income, discounting, lease straight-ling, management fees, administration fees, etc.) and complex transactions
- Review of and approval of payment, together with accurate capturing of invoices in the accounting system, ensuring IFRS and tax compliance.
- Review of annual tax computations.
- Timeous preparation and payment of provisional taxation payments.
- Review the monthly VAT and Payroll returns.
- Timeous settlement of inter-company trade accounts, loan accounts, shareholder loans, bank loans, bank facilities, creditors, and SARS (Income Tax, PAYE, VAT) in line with agreed payment terms.
- Ensure that all inter-company balances are reconciled monthly.
- Timeous collection of loans receivable, inter-company trade accounts, and trade debtors.
- Effective management of working capital. (Assist in the continuous improvement of supplier terms and customer terms).
- Effective tax planning and cash flow management.
- Identification of control weakness, designing of internal controls, and implementation thereof.
- Timeous corrective action against internal audit and external audit findings.
- Adequate provisioning of impairments on stock (slow-moving, damaged, loss of market share, obsolete, expired, NRV < cost), debtors (long outstanding, close to credit limit, defaulting terms, disputes, etc.), tangible (damaged, not in use, loss-making, loss of market share, etc.) and intangible assets (reputation damage, loss-making, loss of market share).
- Reassessment of useful lives, depreciation methods, and residual values for tangible and intangible assets quarterly.
- Review of profit and loss on asset disposal transactions.
- Review of general ledger transactions monthly to confirm accurate account allocations, IFRS compliance between capital and expense nature tractions, and taxation compliance.
- Ensure annual stock take is performed (including monthly/quarterly as dictated by company policy).
- Review of stock count variances.
- Review and approval of consignment stock listings.
- Review and approve petty cash expenses.
- Review all loan, creditors, facility, and installment sales reconciliations to external statements.
- Review and approve accruals ( test estimation accuracy by reference to trends and comparison of actual results to previous estimates)
- Ensure monthly standing debit orders (rent, insurance, telephone, subscriptions, etc.) are processed.
- Managing operating costs.
- every quarter - execute a mini audit to test compliance with supplier payment terms, claiming supplier rebates at the correct % and claiming timeously, similarly for supplier settlement discounts and general discounts, similarly for customer rebates and settlement discounts and general discounts, validity/relevance of debit orders, use of correct interest rates, wear and tear rates, depreciation rates. Retain proof of work that will be submitted to Group FM for approval.
- Ensure logical saving of all work, templates, etc. monthly and yearly such that each year’s financial records can stand on their own when inquiries/ investigations/audits take place.
- Assist the BEE project team to ensure the improvement and sustenance of the company’s BEE score.
- Optimization of the company’s financial position and financial performance.
- Liaise with the various departments and regional/operational managers to ensure efficient reporting.
- Liaison with external auditors during interim and year-end audits to ensure all queries are responded to.
- Minimise audit overruns by ensuring diligent preparation of audit files/compliance with auditor requests.
- Support the GFM and CFO and CEO with specific projects and reports and data extractions.
- Assist the GFM and CFO and CEO with building financial models/billing models/project costing.
- Ensure appropriate templates and models are created and saved to substantiate decision-making.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as they arise.
- Living HW values of Service Excellence, Commitment, Integrity, Accountability, Enthusiasm, Ubuntu, and Innovation.
- Direct supervision and mentoring of the junior finance team.
- Creation and maintenance of roles and job descriptions and KPIs for your direct report subordinates, including annual performance reviews.
- Sourcing, attendance, and performance of training as and when needed for staff.
- Adequate recognition of staff efforts.
- Sustainable morale and team building initiatives.
- Talent retention.
- Promote declaration of all gifts and non-acceptance of kickbacks. Instances to be reported immediately
- Promote declaration of all conflicts of interest upfront.
- Promote a culture of confidentiality within the business about the protection of personal information.
- Ensure all personal information of loan applicants and suppliers and other stakeholders is not shared and is maintained in a secure environment.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be able to identify, analyze, organize, and solve problems and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Impressive planning, organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- Must be able to take accountability.
- Must show strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to take initiative.
- Must be results oriented.
About the company
Hollywoodbets is a licensed betting operator, that supports responsible gambling.