Field Service EngineerHoneywell
5 days ago0 Applicants
- Support the development of on-site installation, servicing and repair processes of complex equipment and systems. You will provide technical presentations to an audience of customers, other industry peers and competitors. You will support revision and correction of work instructions and customer-facing training guides used by field installation specialists. You will drive continuous improvement initiatives in the processes related to field services and product development. You will support cross-functional groups to quickly fix any administrative difficulties relating to delivery and installation of proper equipment. You will act as an escalation point for Field Service Specialists, Service Engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Validate customer request
- Provide technical insight to MES.
- Seek opportunities to grow MES platform in Sasol.
- Execute projects with excellence within scope, schedule and budget.
- Provide client training where necessary.
- Handover completed projects to the Platform team with sufficient documentation and training.
- Perform offline testing and execute pilot implementations.
- Assist with RCA's and disaster recovery where required.
- Provide knowledge sharing and technical guidance to Platform team.
- Maintain positive relations with clients and internally.
- Identify opportunities for safety, quality, efficiency and cost competitiveness improvement. Support HSE and Quality.
- Educate customer and field technicians
- Write documentation used by field technicians
- Ensure Right and Fast Delivery
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree/B-Tech/National Diploma in Computer Systems/Information Technology, or equivalent.
- 5 to 10 Years’ Experience in the MES/Advanced Solutions Industrial / Petrochemical Environment.
- OSIsoft PI: 3 years+Engineer with wide experience in implementing and supporting the PI system
- Managing and troubleshooting issues with PI Systems
- Strong knowledge and experience with PI clients such as PI Process Book, PI datalink and PI Coresight/PI Vision
- Understanding and managing PI interfaces like OPC, RDBMS, ODBC, UFL, JDBC and PI to PI Configuration and troubleshooting of tags
- Experience in designing and implementing asset-based data structures such as PI AF
- Experience with business intelligence tools like PowerBI
- Ability to interface with end users and clearly understand their needs and workflows while using the various systems
- Ability to work in a global, complex environment with multiple stakeholders
- Fosters and maintains excellent internal, client and third party relationships
- High level understanding of Oil and Gas Production domain is preferred
- Knowledge of the Sasol network, infrastructure and processes will be an added advantage
About the company
Honeywell operates as a diversified technology and manufacturing company worldwide.