Western CapeSouth Africa
5 days ago0 Applicants
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze complex financial information and prepare financial reports. Adheres to and communicates accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Analyzes accounts, records, and reports. Investigates and resolves any accounting issues within area of responsibility. Maintains general ledger accounts.
- Works directly with internal customers on inquiries and issue resolution by directly responding to customer’s emails or Remedy tickets. For more complex inquires, will also meet with customers to resolve.
- Review & approve journal entries and account reconciliations within approved thresholds, using accounting judgement & experience
- Use analytical skills to efficiently source data, transform data into meaningful information, and communicate information effectively to business partners and stakeholders
- Use analytical skills to review variances, detect potential errors or issues, document process that created the variance, determine, and execute corrective actions if required
- Performs period-end financial close responsibilities. Prepares data for financial statements, data for quarterly and annual regulatory filings using applicable systems. Duties may include preparing journal entries and coding invoices/vouchers.
- Performs complex reconciliations for area supported and analyzes resulting variances. Proposes and prepares any adjusting entries necessary resulting from reconciliations.
- Researches complex questions and investigates variances on the financial statements. Communicates findings to management.
- Prepares complex reports in support of internal and external audits.
- Interactions and communicates with business partners (finance and non-finance) to secure information to develop and confirm accounting outcomes
- Develop desktop procedures to clearly document tasks performed
- Provides excellent customer service to business partners located throughout the Mastercard Worldwide organization
- Recommend, develop and implement process improvements to improve accounting operational efficiency and quality of outcomes
- Monitors & establishes performance indicators to track progress against goals
- Performs various ad-hoc reporting, analysis or projects, as needed
- Support SOX control compliance
- Other duties as required
- Minimum requirement: Honours B. Comm (Accounting) or equivalent
- 3 years Corporate Accounting experience
- Multinational experience preferred
- Shared Services environment experience preferred
About the company
SoluGrowth is a leading South African Business Process Solutions company with global reach and depth of expertise across a range of industries and serves clients across the globe. The company offers business process outsourcing, knowledge process outsourc