DevOps EngineerProdigy Finance
4 days ago0 Applicants
- As a DevOps Engineer, you will take a leading role in instilling a DevOps culture within the larger Technology team, mentoring engineers, and will help guide Development teams to adhere to best practices and evolving industry standards. You will lead by example, ensuring that the rest of the Technology team is working with the same vision.
What are some of the roles and responsibilities of this role?
- Build and prototype infrastructure patterns and processes into working proofs of concept, then finalized solutions.
- Teach and mentor DevOps to other engineers within the Technology team.
- Help us to improve our systems by researching best practice approaches, then teaching these to the engineering teams, enabling them to implement these in their daily workflow.
- Maintain and extend our multi-environment build pipelines, mostly using Jenkins.
- Share upgrades and developments to our systems with the engineering teams via documentation and regular ‘tech demos’ or other ad hoc presentations.
- Document and explain best practices to the broader Technology team.
- Help to debug issues at the system level, by tracing logs across our various services, using Kibana and Datadog.
What would the ideal candidate be great at?
- Technical competence; solid experience working with Amazon Web Services, Terraform, Jenkins, and databases (we use PostgreSQL). A working understanding of coding and solving problems with the ability to learn new paradigms quickly.
- Excellent critical judgment; able to make good decisions, be trusted, respected, and dependable, be proactive and responsive, ask the right questions, raise flags at the right time, able to prioritize and plan workloads for the team.
- Technical leadership and team spirit; we are all contributing to the same platform, so be a great individual contributor and motivate the team by leading to achieve our collective goals – we only win if the team wins – see the impact of your work and positively influence and help the work of others.
- Get stuck in, execute, generate ideas, and have an impact, don’t just sit back and be a passenger.
- Being level-headed; keeping your head when all about you are losing theirs.
- Be a strong, balanced, and flexible team player in an Agile context.
- Ability to influence and mentor Development teams and foster a DevOps culture from the ground up.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team working ethic.
- Proven ability to automate provisioning and maintenance of infrastructure in a cloud environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Some scripting experience would be nice - with Python, Golang, or Ruby.
- Solid understanding of data integrity, security, and continuity of business.
Qualifications and experience
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Deep and broad experience with Amazon Web Services. Extensive work experience with container orchestration in high-volume, distributed systems.
- Working knowledge in at least one object-oriented and one scripting language.
- Experience with monitoring, logging, and alerting solutions - the more the better.
- Deep understanding of IPv4 networking, web protocols, and Linux/Unix systems.
- Enjoys optimizing systems by investigating and diving deep (beyond speeding up build times).
- Experience with JIRA or another issue-tracking product.
- Experience with online version control services such as Github or Bitbucket.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
About the company
We provide collateral-free education loans for international master's students, to pursue their dream degrees at the world’s best schools.