Demand Planner - Hospital VaccinesAspen Pharma Group
4 days ago0 Applicants
- Responsible for creating 24 monthly rolling demand plans for the respective business unit to provide the business with a forward outlook on revenue/profit trajectory as well as ensuring supply plan generation to service the demand plan.
Demand Plan Generation & Maintenance
- Develop the 24-monthly rolling plan through analytical forecasting, collaboration with business unit heads, brand managers, and sales, and generate and maintain a 24-month rolling forecast.
- Develop a clear set of assumptions that underpins the forward demand plan. Keep and track the assumptions in the planning log to drive the forward development of the demand plan.
- Prepare and generate Forecasts to determine and provide the latest opportunity and risks within the demand plan. Provide evidence and scenarios to support decisions and actions.
- Adopt or enhance the latest demand templates including impact on financials to support demand plan discussions.
- Coordinate forecast meetings with Sales & Marketing to highlight risks/opportunities from forecast preparation and update the latest Commercial assumptions, and action plans to derive an agreed accurate demand plan with the Sales & Marketing team.
- Coordinate portfolio optimization using the segmentation model to remove unproductive products. Account for the removals in the demand plan by establishing the write-off costs and run-down plans.
- Maintain the demand plan and track supply supportability for new product launches, accurately reflect the latest agreed plan based on launch timelines
- Maintain the demand planning systems (SAP, JE) to reflect the latest forecast, including the unconstrained plan, committed plan, and consensus plan.
- Ensure master data integrity and code updates to generate an accurate demand plan as well as a stock requirement plan to supply points.
- Translate the JE demand plan into SAP accurately and timeously to ensure forward stock supply.
- Ensure correct demand plan download to the various supply points, including SA OPS, Aspen Global, Outsource, and other 3rd parties.
- Support Demand planning leads with the preparation of Demand review (newly introduced process), including the development of a methodology to simplify the process and preparation.
- Highlight and articulate key changes to the demand plan and its impact on supply and inventory levels to the Commercial and Supply chain team through Pre-dem and demand reviews processes.
- Demand and Supply Plans for Vaccines
- Determine and draft the existing process flows for Vaccines allocations, including lead time, quantity, and planning processes
- Prepare demand and supply reconciliation based on the time frame for allocations
- Actively engage GSK to determine allocation rules and mitigate supply or excess gaps based on reconciliation.
- Support Marketing and Sales and vaccines sales planning by providing a sound demand and supply plan.
- Determine and implement the best-fit forecasting methodology that is relevant to the sales behavior for the business unit, specifically for life-saving medications or surgical medications
- Maintain forecasting model on JE, SAP, and Excel to ensure accurate forecast input and output.
- Establish the baseline demand for each brand with the correct SKU mix based on historical sales history.
- Create a consensus forecast for events deviating from the baseline.
- Determine the forecast variations from baseline with relevant market intelligence information discussed with the Marketing team including updates on pricing, promotion, and market penetration activities.
- Prepare relevant forecast and performance data as well as research materials to drive discussions on forward forecast adjustments from the baseline
- Create building blocks for demand and provide insights into past promotional activities through analytics and share recommendations on forecast adjustments or promotion adjustments
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities with Sales and Marketing to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect the latest sales and assumptions
Forecasting Performance Tracking
- Monitor forecast trends & errors. Analyse forecast accuracy and bias performance through tracking sales actually and unpacking market insights and various demand drivers
- Present the forecast accuracy at the Forecast review meeting, and agreed on the root cause and corrective actions.
- Monitoring actual sales to drive continuous improvements in consensus forecasting with marketing and sales
- Budget and Financial forecasting process (Budget, FC1, FC2)
- Generate and approve a budget demand plan with Marketing and Finance.
- Attendance of Quarterly Financial Forecasting process with Brand and Finance
- Determine key changes, and process violations to frozen period/lead time as well as highlight key differences in SKU mix, sales phasing, and assumptions from current plan vs Budget plans.
- Agree with Marketing and Finance on the unconstrained plan and plan for financial commitments.
- Load the agreed plan accurately into JE to translate into supply requirements for the various supply points.
- Analyse supply plan variation based on budget requirements and engage with supply sites to address key changes.
- Engage supply sites on constraints and recovery timing. Keep record tracking and amend system forecast and item master parameters to effect the constraining of the plan
- Engage with Finance to agree on the allocation of available stock based on constraints and business unit prioritization, as well as final codes to be used.
Supply Planning & Inventory Management
- Understand and track supply constraints and communicate effectively risks to the demand plan to the Marketing and Sales team. Short-term risks are on weekly basis and longer-term constraints are updated on monthly basis.
- Track stock supply point delivery vs actual, conduct required to follow up to ensure revenue generation
- Active participation in relevant sales and operations execution meetings with suppliers and bringing forward concerns regarding supply as well as the latest short-term changes in the sales plan. Provide front-end feedback to the supply sites on the latest demand movements, and coordinate discussions on the opportunities and risks regarding demand and supply.
- Assess stock prioritization, pull forward, and deferral requests based on sales performance and the latest agreed demand plan.
- Ensure stock holding conforms with inventory policy and investigate deviations for corrective actions. Alternatively, propose changes in safety stock holding and provide scenarios for decision-making on proposed stock holding.
- Ensure and Maintain a sufficient supply for life-saving medications or surgical medications
- Identify and review items with excess inventory and propose an action plan with the Sales and Marketing team to reduce write-off risks.
- Manage short-dated stock and drive demand shaping with Marketing considering forward demand and supply risks as well as regulatory implications.
- Minimise write-off costs on slow-moving stock or idle stock by proposing a change in stock policy or demand-shaping actions to reduce write-offs.
- Providing commentary monthly on excess and shortfall stock as well as key drivers to inventory forward.
- Explore alternative supply options including sections 21 and 36 products. Manage Section 21 supply process
- Active participation in biweekly PDCA cycle with Aspen Global and monthly Closed loop meeting to link demand movement and latest supply capabilities.
- Provide input to supply points in developing inventory strategies on existing, new and phased-out products
Other Demand Planning Activities
- Manage the process for suspended and discontinued items through engagement with Marketing and Item Master Coordinator. Drive SKU segmentation in day-to-day planning activities
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy and master data
- Manage product phase-in and phase-out for projects with changing packaging, regulatory variations, site change, etc.
- Manage new product launches and ensure all master data has been maintained to ensure upload of stock and demand.
- Generating new codes at distributors for new launches
- Ensure the Aspen item master is updated in line with GSK/Supplier Product Information List (where applicable)
- Parameters are reviewed and revised when necessary with specific reference to Safety Stock, Replenishment Cycles, and Lead times
- Conduct ad hoc analytics required to improve forecast accuracy performance
- Support demand planning lead with defining the new process, building templates, and system streamlining to adopt new systems and implement the latest business requirements on integrated business planning
- Support Planning Leads with Onboarding of new planners with training templates and SOPs
- Supporting planning-related projects, and system upgrades/transitions. Including embedding SAP for SA Commercial, UPD, and SA Operation with UAT testing and defining new operational process flows.
- Support implementation of new Integrated Planning system (Kinaxis) and Power BI Dashboards
- Support IT to resolve any system integration and data interface issues that may impact planning activities
Skills And Attributes
- Skills and Attributes:
- Effective planning, organising, and coordinating
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical skills
- Strong capabilities in logical reasoning
- Results driven
- Effective problem-solving and decision making
- Commercial and strategic awareness
- Independent and self-directed individual that can drive execution
- Influencing capabilities
- Effective interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) and articulate risks with an understanding of overall impact/sensitivity to the rest of the business
- Attention to detail
- Project management skills are a plus
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively around total rewards
- Data scientist experience is a plus
- Ability to apply demand planning principles in the existing system landscape and provide opportunities for enhancement
- Computer skills in MS Office
- A solid understanding of S&OP, demand and supply planning
- Deep working knowledge of ERP systems
- Deep technical knowledge of demand planning & statistical forecast
- Vast experience in demand management
Education & Experience
- Relevant University qualification in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Demand Planning including replenishment forecasting
- Previous exposure to working with a statistical forecast is a plus
- Exposure to supply chain and S&OP is a must
- Previous experience in data science is a plus
- CPF or CPIM an advantage
- Experience in the FMCG/Pharmaceutical industries is essential
- Strong knowledge of exports/imports is essential
- Good working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) and forecasting Tools
About the company
Aspen Pharma Group is a global specialty and branded pharmaceutical company, that improves the health of patients across the world through our high-quality and affordable medicines.