CNC Programmer / MachinistBoikago Group (Pty) Ltd
6 days ago0 Applicants
- The ideal candidate will be expected to to aid the company in delivering precise machining of press dies in accordance with required engineering changes, as well as spare parts.
- As the CNC machinist, you will design specifications, enter them into the CNC machine and/ or CAD/CAM software, set up the machine and monitor it as it operates.
- You will make critical contributions to the toolroom, ensuring the excellence of the repairs/modifications by following inspection protocols and detecting errors.
- Determine the fixtures, attachments and tools necessary to complete jobs according to specifications, and mount them to machine prior to beginning cutting (Mecof 5 – Axis Dynamill)
- Discuss project specifications with engineers and supervisors to guarantee consistency between plans and products, and collaborate to modify designs when existing ones are not feasible
- Modify machine speed, tooling and cutting style to ensure precision and accuracy of manufactured parts.
- Oversee cutting process, perform adjustments throughout each job, catch mistakes as they happen and take necessary measures to eliminate errors
- Supervise machine temperatures, ensure that machine has adequate warm-up and cool-down time between jobs and replace coolant periodically
- Review and interpret cutting plans, enter them into control outlets before jobs and alter them to correct mistakes when necessary (Tebis CAM Software)
- Inspect all finished products for accuracy and uniformity to ensure required quality is achieved.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks to ensure machine longevity, including lubrication, cleaning and tool replacement
- Perform safety inspections using corporate tools and conduct safety talks, Identify and ensure that safety hazards and unsafe practices are promptly corrected.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts or die components using hoists and overhead cranes.
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products.
- Understanding general Toolmaking techniques.
- Support production with press and assembly related down time.
- Actively partake in your role to improve production systems.
Minimum experience & qualifications required
- Mechanical or equivalent National diploma in Engineering
- 5 years’ experience in 3D CNC Machining.
- 3D 5 axis programming and machining on CAD/ CAM Software platforms. (Catia or Tebis would be an advantage).
- Trade certificate will be an advantage.
- Toolmaking techniques (Preferred).
Behavioural skills required
- Ability to read tooling and product drawings.
- Proficient welding skills would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of machining hardened and treated steels.
- Ability to work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Values precision and enforces quality standards
- Ability to understand G-code
- Comfortable using tools and maintaining machinery
About the company
An established Track Record of Growth, Prosperity, and Success in Human Capital Solutions.