Clinical Trial CoordinatorStellenbosch University
Western CapeSouth Africa
5 days ago0 Applicants
- The Clinical Trial Coordinator will primarily be responsible for the operational oversight and execution of a multi-site prehospital clinical trial at one of two Coordinating Study Units (CSU) within the Western Cape. S/he will support the Clinical Trial Project Manager and Trial Coordinator in ensuring the effective execution of this project.
- Maintaining the trial site materials and documentation;
- Executing the clinical trial at a specific CSU by the trial protocol, as well as the relevant regulatory requirements, funder contract, and approved operating procedures;
- Coordinating data collection and capturing at a specific CSU;
- Enrolling study participants and managing the informed consent process;
- Supporting the Project Manager in the preparation of internal and external reports;
- Supporting the Project Manager in the management and coordination of CSU personnel;
- Monitoring protocol compliance and adherence to ethical policies at a specific CSU;
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships between trial personnel and emergency care personnel.
- Current or renewable Good Clinical Practice certification;
- Demonstrable experience in clinical trial coordination;
- A valid driver's license;
- The ability to work independently;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced computer literacy;
- Attention to detail;
- Willingness and availability to travel.
- A relevant health sciences degree;
- Demonstrable experience working in the Clinical Sciences, particularly in emergency care;
- Working knowledge of REDCap.
About the company
Stellenbosch University is recognized as one of the four top research universities in South Africa.