C# Developer (Senior)Discovery Limited
6 days ago0 Applicants
- The C# Developer (Senior) is well established in their field, working over several digital platforms in a variety of industries. You will be responsible for the design, building code, and implementation as specified within the project plan and by defined business needs. Additionally, you will be imparting technical expertise to other team members. You should also be able to work effectively and efficiently on your own and will be expected to encourage creativity and efficiency throughout complex digital projects.
Key Outcomes may include but are not limited to:
- The incumbent will actively coach other developers during the code review process to understand and apply coding standards.
- Using your exceptional technical knowledge to make decisions.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Middleware development for websites and apps.
Education and Experience:
- At least 8 - 10 Years’ experience in Software Development.
- Developer, business, and product experience.
- Matric with English and Maths.
- BSc (Computer Science or Information Systems)/ BCom (Information Systems).
- Previous experience in the banking or financial services industry will be advantageous.
Technical skills or knowledge:
- Fluency in digital languages such as C#.Net and HTML.
- A deep understanding of all stages of digital development is as essential as an understanding of the part each developer plays and how it contributes to the product.
- Experience in a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with Digital ID technologies.
- Experience in the access layer and SSO technologies.
- Familiar with information security and penetration testing methodologies.
- Proven experience with software design and OOD methodologies.
- Familiarity with Relational Databases and SQL.
- Strong in Object Oriented Programming, MVC, and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of hardware and software performance limits and characteristics.
- Knowledge of memory management and multi-threading.
- Experience with embedded databases and other system data stores.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services.
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is a plus.
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools [e.g., Git, Jenkins, JIRA, BitBucket].
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Experience building user interfaces (UI’s).
- Able to use APIs and third-party libraries to improve functionality.
- The confidence to express ideas as part of a creative team.
- The ability to prioritize, negotiate and meet deadlines and think strategically.
- A passionate approach to work with a desire to push boundaries.
- Knows how to anticipate failures and handle escalations.
About the company
Our aim is to strengthen the healthcare system in South Africa and to expand access to care for all South Africans.