- Support Business Planning and Operations BPO Head and partner with business development and functional units in managing Visa business to achieve the organization’s goals. Participate in the creation of robust country and functional plans, and track and report progress against plans aligned with the timing of regular business reviews. Support BPO Head in the creation and management of the governance framework for Sub Saharan Africa leadership team to review the performance of all SSA markets through periodic cross-functional review meetings. Participate in SSA annual operating plan process, and facilitate the best possible resource allocation for key business initiatives. Coordinate collection of relevant data with functional units, business development teams, and management. Participate in the review of the actual allocation of resources vs plans and recommend potential reallocations or reprioritization.
Principle Responsibilities And Key Results Area
- Business Analysis and Business Reporting
- Provide business development teams, functional units, and management with a clear picture of current business performance and progress toward targets via the preparation of relevant reports and dashboards
- Review monthly financial data produced by the Finance department to ensure that information is accurate and work closely with the Finance team to investigate any abnormalities
- Prepare monthly market profitability reports with commentary to highlight trends and key drivers contributing to the financial results.
- Prepare and distribute quarterly market sales performance data.
- Adhoc analysis such as deep dives into markets, clients, products, and revenue streams to drive new sales efforts, identify gaps in targets, and provide business insights that can support and enhance decision-making
- Collate and review inputs about key business activities in the region from key internal stakeholders to produce weekly executive dashboards and monthly reporting packs for the Executive Management team.
- Take an active role in planning and analysis of the distribution of marketing and staff incentive funds. Review investments with relevant departments and ensure reallocation of funds where necessary.
- Participate in prioritization, planning, and execution of all market research requests for the geography.
- Participate in the creation of common Financial Reporting tools for the Region.
- Support BPO Head in the creation of management dashboards and providing insights based on internal/external data
- Track market dynamics and Visa’s market share to trigger competitive response where relevant
- Design and develop appropriate reporting and MIS tools to transform complex data into a concise and highly readable format
- Conduct periodic reviews of the market to gather competitive insights for the region and work closely with the Hub to understand and interpret the information.
Teamwork and Training
- Focus on the People aspect of the job, work effectively with GCM, BPO Head, SSA Leadership Team, and CEMEA BPO Team to ensure achievement of collective objectives
- Collaborate with others, communicate openly, and build strong relationships
- Aim for Excellence through high-quality output and discussions
- Contribute to improving the Employee Engagement Survey score of the SSA team
- Coaching and educating SSA business development teams on performance and financial-related matters as well as effective use of financial tools and information. To conduct training sessions on financial instruments upon request
- Global Employee Engagement Survey. track, accelerate, and support the survey process, analyze results and actively participate in the development and execution of the action plan
- Collaborate where required with the Operations Controls team to facilitate a solid controls environment
Decision-Making and Complexity
- Operates under BPO Head supervision with guidance on complex projects.
- Is expected to be the competence center for business analysis and financial modeling
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures, and strategy.
- Interprets business issues and recommends best practices.
Playbook CRM System Implementation
- Assume the role of Playbook Champion for the regional Team, proactively delivering best practices and advice upon request.
- Ensure VISA 360 promise is delivered by business development and cross-functional teams in the region and in turn also translates into an enhanced Global Customer Engagement Survey. Supports strategic account management and delivery of high-quality Account Plans using Visa Playbook as a tool and drives Playbook adoption in the region.
- Attend client account review meetings when required.
Reporting Relationships and Interactions
- This individual is expected to interact effectively with all levels of Visa management and staff in the SSA region and BPO organization in the CEMEA region.
- Strategic thinking, exceptional analytical skills, and financial acumen
- Ability to communicate at different levels, verbally and in writing, compelling messages to senior managers and other stakeholders
- Ability to influence and execute relentlessly
- Self-confident and hands-on, with the ability to operate in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Ability to rally corporate resources and functional experts to drive business objectives
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility with various SSA functions and Country teams, to work in a matrix organization
- Project management skills and strong execution ability to deliver against tight deadlines
- Collaborative and resilient
- Ability to learn quickly, deal with complexity, and lead change
- Aptitude to source relevant information and facilitate timely decisions and tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to quickly assess an opportunity, using industry experience and fact-based analysis
- Good command of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Work with strict and short deadlines
- Work through initiatives during weekends or public holidays as required
- Strategic planning skills, think globally, act locally.
- Ability to work in highly diverse international environment and deal with complexity,
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships across a matrix organization
- Strong execution ability and a sense of urgency
- Exhibit a high degree of tolerance for ambiguity
- Analyze to identify complex issues and structure and manage recommendations that drive priorities and demonstrate results to business lines
- Balance facilitation, influence, and content contributions to help business leaders design and advance their business and financial objectives
- Respect diversity in the workplace
- The position is based in SA and reports to the Senior Director-Business Planning and Operations, SSA
- Supports BPO Head in the full range of business planning and operations activities
- This is an individual contributor role, with no direct reports
- This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- Required Experience Education, skills professional, technical, and business
- ? minimum of 5 years of experience in business analysis, strategy, management consulting, the payments industry, and financial services.
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, and other executive, functional, or regional management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization.
- Superior analytical, quantitative, modeling, and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor in addressing a wide variety of functional business problems.
- Personal presence and ability to communicate compelling messages to business development and functional teams
- Ability to structure and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and drive them to completion
- Ability to quickly assess an opportunity’s potential, leveraging fact-based analysis and industry experience.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines.
- Global Or Multi-national Business Experience is Strongly Preferred.
- Experience in business analysis, financial modeling, strategic planning, creative thinking, and solution development
- Excellent time management skills. Ability to prioritize and achieve goals with minimal management oversight
- Project management skills
- Prior experience leading meetings and effectively delivering presentations to large audiences
- Demonstrated organizational skills
About the company
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable, and secure payment network - enabling individuals & businesses