Bank App Developer (Senior)Discovery Limited
6 days ago0 Applicants
- Design and implement robust, scalable and optimally performing systems using Java related technologies, according to provided specifications, standards and procedures, while ensuring compliance with the architectural standards and guidelines laid out by Discovery Bank.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Develop custom widgets and reusable components for the banking application using Backbase CXP and React Native.
- Collaborate with product and service team members to implement new solutions.
- Recommend solutions for a stream-lined user interface with design team.
- Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Perform a high-level impact analysis, establish Scope and provide estimates based on technical requirements.
- Proactively liaise with all stakeholders.
- Create required planning tasks in SDLC tool and set due dates according to agreed milestones.
Analysis And Design
- Actively participate in the collaborative technical design process.
- Research and find effective solutions to technical issues that arise.
- Update development timelines based on final requirements.
- Liaise with the relevant subject matter experts where clarification is required.
- Translate technical requirements into executable code without errors.
- Ensure optimally performing system code in line with technical specifications, following prescribed process, architecture standards and procedures.
- Ensure delivery within agreed timeframes.
- Conduct unit testing and fix any defects found within the agreed SLA.
- Escalate risks to the project early on.
Quality And Testing
- Run code through the automated code review tool, review errors with the technical lead and fix before committing to the code base.
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure consistent application of standards, logic and effective use of libraries and reusable aspects of the software.
- Develop and maintain reusable Unit Tests.
- Assist the Test Analyst in ensuring that a comprehensive test pack is produced, which includes all the required scenarios.
- Verify that the completed software meets the established standards and is fit for purpose.
- Review the risk / impact of defects found in testing, prioritize and ensure that the priority is accurate.
Risk And Release Management
- Conform to the Build and Release cycles.
- Provide timeous support to the Quality Assurance Team when issues arise during testing.
- Handle all outstanding defects.
Production Support And Root Cause Management
- Ensure that the root cause of system errors is effectively analysed and prioritized for fixing.
- Proactively bring issues and problems to the attention of the team and propose solutions to solve them.
- Assist system users and the infrastructure teams with technical support issues.
- Adhere to the culture of communication and collaboration across all teams.
- Attend and participate in the regular team / project stand-ups.
- Actively mentor team members where required.
- Provide feedback at the regular 1-on-1’s with your leader.
- Proactively set goals, track them and address any concerns with your leader.
- Participate in Performance reviews with your line manager and project leads.
- Actively participate in internal up-skilling initiatives.
- Transfer knowledge and contribute to building a shared knowledge base.
- Keep abreast of current technological trends and how these might be applied in the Discovery Bank environment.
- Constant improvement of knowledge of the various applications, their functions and data models.
- Ability to communicate clearly, constructively and effectively. Able to follow and participate in technical, business process, and other discussions.
- Able to build strong business relationships with other members of the team and the business areas we support.
Education And Experience
- IT related Degree or Diploma (BSc/BTech or similar).
- At least 8 - 10 years’ experience in Software Development.
- Experience in the banking or financial services industry will be advantageous.
- Business, and product experience preferred.
Technical Skills Or Knowledge
- Proficient in C#.Net.
- Experience running apps in an emulator or on a device.
- Experience in service-oriented architecture.
- Proven experience with software design and OOD methodologies.
- Familiarity with Relational Databases and SQL.
- Strong in Object Oriented Programming, MVC and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of hardware and software performance limits and characteristics.
- Knowledge of memory management and multi-threading.
- Experience with embedded databases and other system datastores.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services.
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is a plus.
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Knack for benchmarking and optimisation.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools [e.g., Git, Jenkins, JIRA, BitBucket].
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Experience building user interfaces (UI’s).
About the company
Our aim is to strengthen the healthcare system in South Africa and to expand access to care for all South Africans.