- Safely operate our cool technology following established protocols. To start you’ll get lots of help, aka training, but eventually, you will run with minimal supervision. Because we are focused on excellent client service, we have a team of experts ready to support from afar.
- Everything awesome requires prep work and documentation, this is no different. You will have to assist/own the tasks associated with getting tools / equipment ready for mobilization and demobilization and will have to keep yourself organized by submitting timesheets and expenses. While it may not be an adrenalin rush, it is your entry ticket to be onsite and being onsite is what this job is all about.
- Be a safety geek, the good kind of geek that everyone looks up to because they know you are paying attention and taking the right steps to keep yourself, your team, and bystanders safe. You do this by participating in safety meetings, actively reviewing safety risks while project planning and being a vigilant observer and take-action kind of person when on site.
- Be solution focused and forward thinking; troubleshooting and problem solving on the fly is a given because we aren’t simple, we are getting critical data using complex equipment in unpredictable environments.
- Be a coach, be a player. There are going to be times when you follow the direction of others and times when you set the direction. In all cases you must be adaptable and willing to help.
- Give feedback in the spirit of improvement, may it be related to quality of work, process efficiency or project outcomes. Be constructively vocal because this is what will keep us in front of the competitors, and one thing is for sure, we like to be in front.
- Be awesome and give back to your community by participating in Watermark, our corporate volunteer program focused on anything water related. First challenge, think of one activity/thing that does not involve water at some point in it’s life cycle. Hmm??
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BSc Eng/BEng/BTech in Civil or Mechanical engineering certification and/or 3 years previous experience in a field/shop/construction setting.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills; must be able to understand technical operating procedures, ask questions, and share observations (primary language in workplace environment is English)
- Proven technical/mechanical aptitude through previous work experience/education
- Proven ability to be well organized and punctual
- Dedicated team player committed to the safe and successful operations for everyone involved
- Availability to work overtime, weekends and holidays if needed
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform basic math skills
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and/or maps and can translate to the field
- Proven ability to complete assigned work in a timely manner with quality results
- Must have a valid driver’s license and DOT Medical Card; must have a reasonable driver’s record
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
- Experience working directly with internal and external stakeholders
- Be able to work in confined space strongly desired; confined space certified an asset
- Safety and CPR certification a plus
About the company
Xylem is an American water technology provider, in public utility, residential, commercial, agricultural and industrial settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries.