Academic FacilitatorUniversity of the Free State
Free StateSouth Africa
12 days ago0 Applicants
- Facilitate Legal Skills and Introduction to Law classes.
- Plan contact sessions and educational materials in consultation with the module coordinator/s.
- Maintain sensitivity towards students who experience problems.
- Maintain appropriate discipline in classroom sessions to facilitate teaching and learning.
- Keep student records in terms of marks and attendance.
- Keep a schedule and meet deadlines.
- Assess and mark subject content (in close collaboration with the module coordinator/s).
- Offer consultation sessions to Extended LLB programme students (where applicable).
- Ensure proper written and oral communication with students.
- Be available for online and/or face-to-face consultation after contact sessions (where applicable).
- Contribute to the finalisation and improvement of study guides (where applicable).
- Assist with research projects in consultation with the module coordinator/s.
- Execute formal administrative and organisational tasks or provide general administrative assistance with the Legal Skills and Introduction to Law modules.
- LLB degree (NQF level 8).
- A good academic record.
- A Master's degree in Law or studying towards it.
- Experience in the facilitation and/or lecturing of law modules would be advantageous.
- Proven knowledge of the University's Extended programmes.
- Experience with open learning/outcomes-based learning and the related methodology.
- Proven experience in the use of Blackboard and PeopleSoft.
- Results Orientated:
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- The ability to set high standards, establish tough goals, and work to achieve success.
- Business Acumen:
- Proficient in using MS Office.
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- The ability to lead, take charge of situations, and offer opinions and direction to others.
- The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude and encourage people to work together.
- Building coalitions:
- The ability to be sensitive and understanding of the needs and feelings of others.
- The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
About the company
The University of the Free State (UFS) creates opportunities and growth through leading learning and teaching, focused research, and impactful engagement with society.